Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Homemade tamale recipe wanted


Subscribe to Grand Connection by Email

Tuesday's Grand Connection Thought

by Mary May Larmoyeux


Not too long ago a friend posted this message:  "Wanted Good Beef Homemade Hot Tamale Recipe.    Wish I had gotten my uncle's recipe before he died.  It was a family tradition."

Her plea reminds me of how fast the years fly by ... of the need to somehow carve out time to write those family stories, memories, and recipes. One of my favorite recipes is for sugar cookies. It was my grandmother's recipe, then my mom's, and now mine. The cookies taste great ... and bring back such wonderful memories!

When I was a freshman in college, Mom would send me those wonderful sugar cookies. I always felt like she packed them in love. Then, when our oldest son was born two months early, guess what Mom brought for Dad's and her first visit? Yes, the family sugar cookies.  (Read "Making Sugar Cookies")

Do you have a favorite family recipe that you want to pass on to the next generation? 

Do you have a favorite family recipe that you need to write down today ... before it it forgotten?  I do.

Do you have a good beef homemade hot tamale recipe? I'd love to share it with my friend!

Have a great week,
Mary
www.marymaywrites.com
http://grandconnection.blogspot.com



© 2013 by Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.

Photo © Sarahgen/Dreamstime.com






No comments: