Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

God is in control


Subscribe to Grand Connection by Email

Tuesday's Grand Connection Thought

by Mary May Larmoyeux

When I heard the news about the Boston Marathon attack, I had to remind myself that God is in control. He is totally aware of the evil in our world today.

Pops' and my former pastor said that God does not cause evil ... that the Lord is so much bigger than it ... and that He does work all things for good according to His purpose.

I think that we can get a peek into this when we look at grandchildren. A friend recently told me that her grandmother was such a comfort to her when she was a little girl. She remembers waking up in the dark at Grandma's house during a thunderstorm, shaking in fear. That is, until Grandma came.

I can imagine the older woman nestling the frightened child in her arms, kissing the top of her head, and then whispering that everything would be okay in the morning.

Like that grandmother, when fear begins to creep into our lives, God wants us to nestle up to Him and know that everything will be okay. "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love," Psalms 143:8 says, "for I have put my trust in you."

He is able,
Mary
www.marymaywrites.com
http://grandconnection.blogspot.com


Article 2013 © Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.

Article and Picture © 2013 by Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary, What a calming message. - Rita

Mry May Larmoyeux said...

Hi, Rita. Thanks for your comment. I'm so grateful that God is always faithful.

Anonymous said...

That is so true. Every morning I awaken about 5 am and that is when I have my conversation with Abba, my Father. It is calming just to know that he will take your troubles and carry them for you.
- Rita