Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Friday, April 5, 2013

How to express love through a bear


Subscribe to The Grand Connection by Email


Friday's Grand Connection Fun  

 by Mary May Larmoyeux

A few years ago a dear friend named Suzanne shared a fun idea with me. It has to do with a bear. A very small bear that's about three inches tall.

To my friend's family, a similar little bear represented their love for one another. They would take turns hiding the bear and when a family member found it, they would be reminded that they were loved.


We are now doing this in our home and the grandkids love it! Recently when I was cleaning the house, I had a surprise when I found the little guy tucked behind a pillow on our couch. It had been a particularly hard day when I found Hugs, and I couldn't help but smile.

What did I do? Packed him up and put him in the mail to some out-of-town grandchildren. I hope they will smile, too, when they rediscover our favorite bear.

Do you have a special way to remind your grandchildren of your love for them?

Have a great weekend,
He is able,
Mary
www.marymaywrites.com


Post and picture © 2012 Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.

No comments: