Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Friday, September 7, 2012

Grandparents Day

 



Friday's Grand Connection Fun
 by Mary May Larmoyeux

Subscribe to Grand Connection by Email

This Sunday, September 9, 2012, will mark the 33rd anniversary of national Grandparents Day.
 
It really doesn't seem that long ago when my mom and dad traveled to Arkansas to be at our children's school for Grandparents Day. Well, next week Pops and I will go to our local grandkids' school for their annual celebration.

Do you have any ideas about how we, and other grandparents, can make Grandparents Day a lasting memory not only for ourselves, but also for the grandchildren?

Being amateur photographers, Pops and I will sure have our camera with us when we visit the grands' school. I think that I'll also want to remind our legacy why I am called "Nana" and why "Pops" chose his special name.  Can you guess?

My grandmother was Nana and I have many, many fond memories of her. I wanted to share her special name and think of her often when I'm called Nana. And Pops? He just liked that name.
(Why did you choose your unique grandparent name?)

Some of your grandkids may not be in schools that celebrate Grandparents Day ... or they could live hundreds of miles away. Perhaps you don't even get to see them often. You could write them a letter this week. You could remind them of the day when you first saw them and share the meaning behind your grandparent name.

Happy Grandparents Day,
 
Mary May Larmoyeux
http://www.marymaywrites.com/
http://grandconnection.blogspot.com/

© 2012 by Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.
Photo © Pavel Losevsky © dreamstime.com


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m “Grandma Magic Darling” and my husband is “Grandpa Wonderful.” We love each and every one of our seventeen grandchildren. Blessings, Rita

Mary May Larmoyeux said...

Love your grandparent names, Rita!