Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Making Sugar Cookies


Subscribe to Grand Connection by Email  

Tuesday's Grand Connection Thought
by Mary May Larmoyeux

This year Pops and I started something new with the grandkids—spending individual time with each grand, either a weekend or an entire day.

Last Friday our oldest granddaughter and I had a wonderful day together. It began with a friend giving her an art lesson and ended with picking blackberries and baking cookies.

Baking the cookies took me down memory lane. I found the very recipe that my mother had taught me ... the one that her mother had shared with her. I told my granddaughter about Mom bringing a batch sugar cookies to Pops and me when our oldest son (our granddaughter's dad) was born. When Mom did that, she was speaking the language of love.

There's something special about passing down a family recipe to yet another generation!

Have you shared a family recipe with your legacy?


Mamoo’s Sugar Cookies

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
5 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
2 or more tsp. vanilla

Cream butter with sugar. Add eggs.
Shift flour and baking powder and add.
Finally, add vanilla. 
Chill and then slice. 
Bake in 350 degree oven.


Have a great week,
Mary
Mary May Larmoyeux

Article and Photo © 2012 by Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.

No comments: