Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Friday, January 27, 2012

One on one with the grandkids


Friday's Grand Connection Fun


A grandmother once told me that she likes to spend one-on-one time with each of her grandchildren. Now that Pops and I have six grandchildren, I understand the wisdom of her words. Although it's great fun when all of the grandkids are at our house together, there's little time to spend individually with each child.

So, today Pops and I are beginning a new tradition: a one-on-one weekend with each grandchild. Our 5-year-old granddaughter will be our first special guest. She's said that she wants to learn how to draw a zebra or a giraffe, so a friend will give her an individual art lesson. Then the 5-year-old and I will go to the park and later come to Pops' and my house to play some board games.

Our grand told me that she wants to play with "Mr. Potato Head," so she'll definitely do that. She'll make funny faces on the same brown plastic "potato" that her daddy played with many years ago. (My, where do the years go?) We might bake a batch of cookies or take the dogs for a walk. And tomorrow Pops and his little legacy will go out for breakfast—just the two of them.

I just hope that this will begin a long tradition of making special memories with each grandchild!

Do you have any ideas about how Pops and I can make this weekend memorable for our granddaughter? Have you had one-on-one time with your grandchildren?

Future generations will be told about the Lord.  (Psalm 22:30b)

Have a great weekend,
Mary
co-author of The Grand Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart
www.marymaywrites.com/


Article  © 2012 Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.
Photo © by Designpicsub / Dreamstime.com

No comments: