Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

To text or not to text ... that is the question

by Mary May Larmoyeux

Do you have trouble keeping up with today's technology? I sure to. I got on Facebook to communicate with my kids. But now there's texting and tweeting, and ....

I can't help but think of many years ago when e-mail first came out. My mother was not interested in it—period. There was no sense trying to convince her that she'd love e-mailing back and forth with her children and grandchildren. Snail mail was her preferred method of communication.

Now, I confess that I just learned how to text ... not that I really wanted to. Then why did I do it? Because my grown children wanted me to and I finally gave in. 

But how can we keep up with technology, or should we even try to do this? What do you think?

If you want a laugh, check out this You Tube video that unsuspecting grandparents took of themselves. I laughed out loud when I watched it! Their granddaughter uploaded it to You Tube and it now has millions of viewers!  Enjoy!

Have a great week,
Mary
co-author of The Grand Connection: 365 Ways to Connect with Your Grandchild's Heart
http://www.marymaywrites.com/

© 2012 by Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.
Photo © Piotr Tomczyk / Dreamstime.com

No comments: