Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Friday, May 21, 2010

Blessings

Subscribe to Grand Connection by Email

Friday's Grand Connection Fun
by Mary May Larmoyeux

Some of our grandkids presented me with a precious certificate on Mother's Day. One of our granddaughters said that I had helped her count her blessings. Actually, I had to think about that for a minute. When did I do that?

Then I remembered some times when our grandkids haven't been able to sleep at night. We'd count blessings until they drifted into slumberland. I guess that was etched on their hearts more than I realized.

Once I made Pops a "blessing book," with pictures and notes about why I am blessed to have him for my hubby. (Thanks, Suzanne, for this idea!) We could make a  "blessing book" for our grandkids. It could be a special gift on a 13th or 18th birthday.

I want to be more proactive in thanking God for the blessings that He showers on our family. Psalm 51:12 says, "For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield."

How have you helped your grandchildren count their blessings? Do you have any suggestions about how our lives could be marked with grateful hearts?

Have a great weekend,
Mary
Mary May Larmoyeux
http://www.marymaywrites.com/
http://grandconnection.blogspot.com/

© Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.
Photo courtesy of U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When I pray, sometimes I just sit and name the countless blessings the Lord has given me. Doing this helps me remember all of the little blessings as well as the bigger ones, all of which I'm grateful for.

Mary May Larmoyeux said...

The other night I couldn't go to sleep, Sharon, and I counted my blessings. Guess we never get too old to do this.