Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Friday, June 17, 2011

Make a Blessing Book

 
 Subscribe to Grand Connection by Email  

Friday's Grand Connection Fun

When our three-year-old granddaughter was attempting to go to sleep during a visit, she said that she was afraid. I remembered her words as I read Psalm 4:8 yesterday morning: “I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD make me dwell in safety.”

When she came over for her weekly visit last night, I shared this verse with her. We did our best to memorize it together, and I could tell that the words gave her a sense of comfort. As I tucked her into bed, we talked about how God would give her peace and how He would watch over her.

Then she said that she couldn’t sleep (yep … she could have been stalling for more time). We started counting blessings. I left the room as she was remembering all of the ways that God has blessed her.

You know, I think I’m going to start a little blessing book with the grands with pictures of people and things they're grateful for. And I think it would be good to include some Scriptures—ones like Psalm 4:8 that remind them of God’s unending care.

Were your children or grandchildren ever afraid to go to sleep at night? How did you comfort them? Also, do you have any ideas about making a blessing book for older children?

Have a great weekend,
Mary
Mary May Larmoyeux

http://www.marymaywrites.com/

© 2009 by Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.
© Dan Talson / Dreamstime.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a Great Idea, to promote Blessings and Gratefullness: reminds me of the verse, be ye thankful for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God. Ephesian 5:20 It is great for our grands to learn that principle so no (none) good reward, from our Father, will be held back from them.
Blessings & Hugs to You, Mary~~~ Elaine

Mary May Larmoyeux said...

Hi, Elaine,

It's good to hear from you. Two of our grands are coming over tomorrow night, and the other three will be with us over the weekend. We're going to start a group "grand" blessing book. :)

Blessings and Hugs to you, too-- Mary