Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What will our grandchildren do with Jesus Christ?

Tuesday's  Grand Connection Thought 

by Mary May Larmoyeux

At church on Sunday, our pastor reminded us that God's presence makes our life powerful. He read 1 Thessalonians 1:8 and said that God wants to echo His life through us. Then he asked "How's your echo?"

Have you ever called into a canyon or cave and heard your voice reverberate—over and over and over again? As our pastor explained, an echo allows our voices to go farther and expands the reach of what we're saying.

As a grandparent, I'm very aware that I have only so many years of life left on this earth. I want my echo to draw my grandchildren to Jesus Christ. I want them to know that I'm a weak person who cannot love the unlovable, cannot serve the needy, cannot care more for others than myself. Yet, when I trust Christ to love through me, He can do those very things ... and more.

And I want my grandchildren to know that the most important decision they will make in their lives is: "What will I decide about Jesus Christ?" Ron Hutchcraft has a great video that explains why deciding this is so important. You may want to watch the short video with an older grandchild.

Also, Dennis and Barbara Rainey share a list of 40 ways that parents can focus on biblical priorities when raising children. I think that these ways apply to grandparents, too.

Have you discovered any online resources that can help children learn more about Christ?

Have a great week,
Mary

© 2011 by Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.
Photo © Darko Veselinovic / Dreamstime.com

2 comments:

Karen Jordan said...

Thanks for the online links. I found a link for kids at http://superbook.cbn.com.

Mary May Larmoyeux said...

Thanks for the link to Superbook. I'm going to share that with my grandkids!