Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Unconditional Love

Tuesday's Thought

I love what Jean May e-mailed me about being a grandmother! She said:

Grandparenting gives unending pleasure that would be impossible to cover in a few words. …

It means so much to hear that little or not so little voice on the phone calling to tell me of something special that happened at school that day or asking about something that happened in the "old days."

Grandparenting has taught me patience, understanding, and appreciation for my parents and grandparents. So much has become crystal clear to me now. I know my role in my grandchildren's lives is an important piece of their life's puzzle, and they're an important piece in mine.

Everyone has heard that "grandchildren are the reward for having children!" That doesn't quite say it for me. I think grandchildren are a taste of the unconditional love the Father has for us all.

Jean’s wise words remind me of 1 John4:13, “No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us.”

He is able,
Mary
http://www.marymaywrites.com/
http://grandconnection.blogspot.com/

No comments: