Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Friday, July 13, 2012

Man walked on the moon (websites and coloring sheets)


Friday's Grand Connection Fun

by Mary May Larmoyeux

Subscribe to Grand Connection by Email

In last Tuesday's Grand Connection post,  "One Small Step for Man," I recalled a time long ago when my dad and I stood in our backyard. He pointed into the night sky and said, "Mary, a man is on the moon tonight." That memory was somehow etched in my mind ... forever.

Now would be a great time for us to connect with our grandkids and remind them of what happened in July 1969: Neil Armstrong was the first person to ever walk on the moon!  Here are a couple of websites with more information about this.  I'm going to share them with our grandkids.

NASA
You Tube Video of the First Moon Landing
I think the younger ones will enjoy this coloring sheets (I've already mailed copies to our long-distance grands):
Moon and stars

Do you know of any good resources about the moon and Neil Armstrong?  If so, please leave a comment below or send me an e-mail. Thanks!

When I look at the moon this month, I not only want to think of the first man who walked on it, but also the awesome Creator who made it!
 3 Praise him, sun and moon,
 praise him, all you shining stars!
             - Psalm 148:3 (NIV)

Have a great weekend,
Mary

Mary May Larmoyeux
www.marymaywrites.com



Article copyright © Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.
Photo courtesy of NASA.

No comments: