Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Trouble in Dogville


Tuesday's Grand Connection Thought

by Mary May Larmoyeux

When I was grandsitting for several days recently, God reminded me and a granddaughter about how much He cares about us. We were at the grocery store, and my granddauhter had picked up a bag of rawhide dog bones.

As she was dropping them into the basket, a lady who worked for the store said that we couldn't buy them. I was really surprised by that until she explained the reason.

There had been a recall on the type of rawhide bones that we were about to purchase. If we had gotten them, the kids' dog would have likely gotten very sick.

"Thank you, Lord," I said to myself, and then talked with my granddaughter about how good God was to protect her pet. I was so grateful that I had not bought the tainted bones! Actually, I'm not so sure I was up grandsitting a sick dog and three sad children.

Psalm 32:7 says, "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."

How have you seen God's hand of protection in action?
He is able,
Mary
http://www.marymaywrites.com/
http://grandconnection.blogspot.com/

Photo and article © Mary Mary Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Lord has definitely protected me and my family in similar ways. Sometimes I'm amazed at how much He cares about all of the tiny details of our lives.

Mary May Larmoyeux said...

You are sure right about that, Sharon!