Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Friday, August 27, 2010

Cousin Connection

Subscribe to Grand Connection by Email

Friday's Grand Connection Fun

One of the things that I love about writing The Grand Connection is that it makes me look for new, creative ways to connect with my own grandkids!

I was just reading the "Cousin Fun" page in the new issue of FamilyFun magazine. One of the ideas was to make a deck of cousin-themed old maid cards. The woman who submitted this idea said that she used a card template and typed in fun names for the cousins. I thought that was a great idea.

After searching the Internet for card templates that I could order, I decided to make my own. Using the computer, I just made a text box, inserted a photo, and typed a fun Word Art name for the child pictured. I wasn't able to paste a sample card in this post, but there's a similar one on my homepage .

My plan is to make sets set of "Cousin Cards," print them in color on card stock, and have them laminated at a local teacher supply store. The cousins will get a set and so will Pops and I.

Here's a tip for those who do not know how to make text boxes on the computer or how to use Word Art: Print pictures of the "cousins" on card stock, write a fun description on the back, and have the cards laminated.

What ideas do you have for helping the cousins stay in touch?

Have a great weekend,
Mary
http://www.marymaywrites.com/
http://grandconnection.blogspot.com/

© 2010 by Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.
Photo © Dawnbal1 / Dreamstime.com

No comments: