Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Friday, April 3, 2009

Time for an Adventure

by Mary May Larmoyeux
Friday's Fun


It's easy for us to take our grandkids on adventures with the help of www.JonathanPark.com. I had never heard of this website or its resources until a couple of days ago. A man in my Toastmasters Club gave a persuasive speech and he tried to convince us that we should order some of its creation resources. Well ... he made a believer of me!

I just went to the Jonathan Park website for the first time and printed off a short story and some fun games—Secret Code, Dinosaur Crossword, Digging for Fossils Word Search, etc. They'll be in the mail later today to Pops and my out-of-town grands. Also, I printed off a set of the activities and story to have at home so I can share them with the local grandkids when they come over in a few days.

I really like the "Creation in the News" link and if I follow-through with my good intentions, I plan to visit it often. And it was a lot of fun looking at the Jonathan Park online store. The book How to Build Treehouses, Huts, and Forts caught my eye, as well as a Forever Flashlight, Spy Pen, and World War II Canteen.

Of course, the greatest adventure that we can lead our legacy on is that of knowing Christ. If you are not familiar with FamilyLife's Resurrection Eggs®, it's an easy way to explain the true story of Easter to children and adults of any age. (I've used them many times myself.) Twelve colorful plastic eggs contain objects that tell the story of Jesus’ journey to the cross and Resurrection. You can order these eggs from FamilyLife or from your local bookstore. I've even seen them at Wal-Mart. FamilyLife's website has a page of testimonials that you might want to read.

Oh, I almost forgot. I just finished the next issue of the free e-zine Encouraging Women with Hearts for their Homes. (You can always find a link to the most recent issue of this e-zine on the homepage of my website.) It's got some encouraging articles, a recipe for Gumbo Zhebes, and one of the most touching poems I've ever read. Rita Goodgame's poem "Homecoming," brought me back to the front porch of my childhood home and wonderful memories of playing under the Magnolia trees—making "Magnolia Perfume."

Well ... I better go. I'll soon be on my way to the Post Office to drop a little "thinking-of-you" package in the mail to some very special kids.

Have a great weekend!

He is able,
Mary
Mary May Larmoyeux
www.marymaywrites.com
http://grandconnection.blogspot.com
author of Help for Busy Moms: Purposeful Living to Simplify Life

Photograph © Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.

Subscribe to Grand Connection by Email

No comments: