Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Why are Grandparents Special?


As a child, I loved being with my Nana and Grandpa. Life just seemed to stop at their home. I remember drawing pretend houses with them on big pieces of brown paper—cutting out the furniture from a Sears Catalog. And what fun it was to try to walk in Nana and Grandpa’s yard on a pair of stilts. There’s just something special ... read more.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really know that, Parents are blessings of God, but grandparents are the ‘grand blessings’ of God.

Anonymous said...

Mary,I didn’t know any of my four grandparents. Many of my parents’ bedtime stories were about their childhood and my grandparents which helped fill the void
and encouraged me to emulate their values and practices of faith in God, afternoon tea, loving nature and holding compassion for the deprived. “Some grans smell of lavender soap, some grans smell of French perfume. My gran smells of pastry and new bread and peppermints. My gran smells gorgeous.” Peter
Blessings, Rita

Mary May Larmoyeux said...

Rita, I love the idea of telling our grandkids stories of our childhoods and of their great-grandparents as bedtime stories (when they spend the night). I'm going to do that. Thanks for sharing! -- Mary