Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Friday, May 9, 2014

My mother is always with me


Friday's Grand Connection Thought


Not too long ago a friend shared this beautiful piece about mothers on her Facebook page:

Your mother is always with you
Author: unknown


Your Mother is always with you. She’s the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street. She’s the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick and perfume that she wore. She’s the cool hand on your brow when you’re not feeling well. She’s your breath in the air on a cold winter’s day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colors of a rainbow. She is Christmas morning. Your Mother lives inside your laughter.

She’s the place you came from, your first home, and she’s the map you follow with every step you take. She’s your first love; your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space…not even death!       
                                                                
Who do you think came to my mind as I read this? My own mother! So, I wrote a similar piece about her:

My mother is always with me. She’s the reminder that things work out. She’s the smell of sugar cookies … and Sunday roast … and the sight of kneading bread. She’s the hand that picked Magnolias, the sound of prayers with Dad. She’s the word of kindness needed, the trust that God’s nearby.
She’s a welcome shower on a hot summer day, a rainbow breaking through a dark sky. She’s the place that I came from, my first home—one I’ll always know. My mother’s in my heart forever. She didn’t just teach me about love … from every ounce of her it still flows.

What about you? Did the words about mothers remind you of your mom? Why is your mother always with you?
And to all of you moms and grandmoms, "Happy Mother's Day!"
Have a great weekend,
Mary
Mary May Larmoyeux

www.marymaywrites.com/
http://grandconnection.blogspot.com


Post and picture © 2014 by Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary, Your words are absolutely beautiful and meaningful. You’ve said it all. -- Rita