Welcome to a place where we can share ideas about grandparenting, especially ways to pass spiritual values and family stories to the next generation.

Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart.
Visit www.legacyconnection.org
My photo
Co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild's Heart

Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day Thoughs


Subscribe to Grand Connection by Email  

Friday's  Grand Connection Fun
by Mary May Larmoyeux

Hope that you have a special Mother's Day. The older I get the more I realize that when it comes to being  remembered on Mother's Day, it really is the thought that counts.  My dear mother always told me that and now I understand.  A phone call ... handwritten note ... or homegrown bouquet from a child or grandchild mean so much.
 
Looking back on all of my Mother's Days, I can't remember a favorite gift from my kids or grandkids. But I do remember generations of loved ones being together. The sights of aging hands grasping the soft hands of infants are especially precious.

Will you be with several generations on Mother's Day? If so, you may want to take a picture of all of the moms' hands together.  Someone once said, "Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever." What a wonderful thing to remember on Mother's Day ... or any day.

Children’s children are a crown to the aged,
and parents are the pride of their children.
(Proverbs 7:6)
Have a great weekend,
Mary
www.marymaywrites.com
http://grandconnection.blogspot.com


© 2011 by Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.
Photo ©  Cienpies Design / Illustrations | Dreamstime.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Mother’s Day gift was being with my son. - Rita